Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Natural Landscaping

I read an article yesterday on the WOSU News site about two home owners in Upper Arlington who have chosen to use natural landscaping instead of the typical manicured lawn. I like the idea of using native plants and trees on your property to create color shade and interest. The added plus is that there is less mowing to do, if at all.

My property is in need of a lot of love and this is certainly the kind of love I would like to give it. I'm all for less time spent mowing the lawn and pulling weeds. The added benefit is that you will attract an interesting variety of birds and butterflies. I would love to have a conversation with these two home owners about their process for planning and acquiring trees and plants. I could use some pointers.

Have you put any native plants in your yard or garden? If so, let me know in the comments section. I'd like to hear about it.

No comments: