Friday, February 6, 2009

6 of 6 Meme

There is a little meme floating around the blogosphere. For my readers who don't know what a meme is, from Wikipedia: The term Internet meme (pronounced /miːm/) is a neologism used to describe a catchphrase or concept that spreads quickly from person to person via the Internet, much like an inside joke.[1] The term is a reference to the concept of memes, although this concept refers to a much broader category of cultural information.

This particular meme I call 6 of 6. Find the 6th picture in the 6th file on your computer and post it. Here is mine.

It's a picture of the floor I helped my friend Kenny refinish last summer. I love hardwood floors. I especially like the patterns that the grain makes.

I like wood floors that creak a little and can't understand why people go to such pains to silence the creaks and squeaks in an older home.

I have hard wood floors and I can tell the difference between the cats and dogs foot steps on the floors and stairs at night. I can tell which dog is sneaking through the house or which cat is coming up the stairs at night to climb into bed with me just from the particular creak on the floors and stairs. Most of all, I love the feel of wood floors on my bare feet.

No comments: