Sunday, November 16, 2008

More on Motrin's Bad-vertising Campaign

Here is a video of some of the response to Motrin's baby wearing ad. This is a great compilation of Twitter posts along with pictures of moms wearing their babies. Funny, none of the mom's look like they're in pain to me....




Oh, to all you baby wearing moms, those are some darn cute kids!

Update:

Links to a few other blogs that reference this:


Motrin Giving Mom's A Headache


Motrin, Whose Feeling The Pain Now?

When Motrin Creates A Marketing Mom Miss...


Mom's Speak Out Against Motrin Ad


A Dad & Pharma Rep Perspective On The Motrin Ad

Oh, and by the way, on the Motrin site, the Childrens Motrin Ad is completely off the mark as well. In that one, we are all crazy moms with crazy kids.

Yet Another Update:Yet Another Update: As of this evening, the Motrin site has been taken down, but some one has it saved on You Tube.

A couple of the mommy bloggers who responded to the add on the Motrin site received a letter from the VP of the marketing for the campaign. You can read it at Crunchy Domestic Goddess.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is an example of bored people making a big deal out of nothing. I'm a mom myself and I don't get offended by product advertisement or anything else for that matter. AND I also think this type of advertisement was done on purpose...because they want you to talk about them... good or bad. It makes them truly REMARKABLE! Good job Motrin...mission accomplished!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and also taking time to comment on my post about Motrin's Advertising gone wrong!

I also enjoy meeting other Boomers ~ yes, we can be vocal! I'm proud of my daughter's for the same reason you're proud of your sons!